- For applicants taking Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE), they should obtain Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language and Chinese Language*(Note 1), or equivalent. Student Learning Profile will be considered. *Applicants possessing "Attained or above " performance in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject are deemed to have attained "Level 2 / Level 3" respectively in one HKDSE subject and a maximum of two ApL subjects can be counted for admission purpose; OR
- For applicants with Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) and Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) qualifications, they should obtain:
- Pass in one A Level subject or pass in two AS Level subjects in HKALE AND
- (i) Five passes in HKCEE including English and Chinese; OR
(ii) Three passes in HKCEE plus Level 2 or above in English and Chinese; OR
- Applicants obtain Satisfactory completion of Grade 12 and Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and Level 2 or above in English Language in HKCEE/ HKDSE, or other equivalent qualifications; OR
Applicants with satisfactory completion of a Pre-Associate Degree/ Associate Degree Foundation Programme/ Diploma Programme or equivalent qualifications; OR
Applicants aged 21 or above with acceptable qualifications/ talents to justify admission; OR
Mainland applicants should attain the third cut-off point or above in "National Joint College Entrance Examination (JEE) of Mainland China"
Note 1: For Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) students fulfilling the specified circumstances in Note 2, the programme will accept the following alternative Chinese language qualifications to replace level 2 of HKDSE Chinese Language.
- Grade E or above in GCE A/AS Level Chinese; or
- Grade C or above in GCSE/IGCSE/GCE O-Level Chinese; or
- “Attained or above” in Applied Learning Chinese (ApL(C))
Other Languages" cannot be used for meeting the entrance requirement on Chinese Language.
Note 2: The specified circumstances are:
- The student has learned Chinese Language for less than six years while receiving primary and secondary education. This caters specifically to students who have a late start in the learning of Chinese Language (e.g. due to their settlement in Hong Kong well past the entry level) or who have been educated in Hong Kong sporadically; or
- The student has learned Chinese Language for six years or more in schools, but has been taught an adapted and simpler Chinese Language curriculum not normally applicable to the majority of students in our local schools.
- Application Period: 2 Dec 2016 - 23 Aug 2017 (Admissions open until filled)
*Application deadline for mainland and non-local students: 10 Jul 2017
- Applicantion methods: Online
- Interview and written test: Qualified applicants would be notified to attend an interview and written test; Applicants could submit any related sample of their creative works as supporting documents for consideration
- If applicants pass the interview, they would be notified for further admission procedures
Online application: https://iss.hkbu.edu.hk/amsappl_nj/
If you have any enquiries about the online application system, please contact Admissions Section of Academic Registry via (852) 3411 7354 or (852) 3411 6484 or (852) 3411 2219
(852) 3411 2884 / 3411 8108 / 3411 7495
(852) 3411 8114
Room ACC207, 2/F, Jockey Club Academic Community Centre, Hong Kong Baptist University, 9 Baptist University Road, Kowloon Tong, HONG KONG