To qualify for admission, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor degree or equivalent from a recognized university or comparable institution;
- Show evidence of academic aptitude and interest in creative activities;
- Obtain a TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper-based) or 79 (internet-based), or IELTS result of at least Level 6.5*
- This requirement is only applicable to students originating from countries/institutions where English is not the major medium of instruction. e.g. Mainland China and Taiwan
- Students with relevant talents but a lower English standard (i.e., an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent) may be considered for admission on the condition that the students must complete an English enhancement course arranged by the programme.
If short-listed, applicants will attend an interview with faculty of the Academy of Film. The interview serves as a cross-validation of the evidence given in the above documents and helps to ascertain an applicant's dedication to postgraduate studies.
On-line Application Procedure
|Tuition Fee||HK$90,000 per year|
|Application Fee||HK$300 (non-refundable)|
Only on-line applications will be accepted.
More information is available at http://gs.hkbu.edu.hk/en/prospective/tpg/intro/
Application period begins in mid-November annually. Please refer to the Graduate School website for application deadline:
|Interview||Interviews will normally be held throughout the application period.|
Students should check their updated application status through online application system. Applicants with admission offer will be notified via mail or email.Students are advised to meet all deadlines during the registration process in order to secure their offer.
Other important dates (i.e., first and last day of classes, exam periods, holidays, etc) can be found on the Academic Calendar which will be distributed to you at registration.The Academic Calendar may also be downloaded from the following website:
Application Enquiry AND Visa Application Enquiry for non-local students
Graduate School, Hong Kong Baptist University
Room 904, 9/F, Academic and Administration Building,Baptist University Road Campus, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
(852) 3411 5127
(852) 3411 5133
Programme EnquiryAcademy of Film (MFA), Hong Kong Baptist University,
Rm CVA937, Communication and Visual Arts Building, 5 Hereford Road, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
(852) 3411 7479
(852) 3411 7261