This programme is offered by the Academy of Film, School of Communication, Hong Kong Baptist University for holders of an associate degree or higher diploma who wish to continue on to a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Creative Writing for Film, Television and New Media.
- A non-government funded degree programme
- A full-time day programme normally completed in 2 years
- Cultivates creativity and originality in the media convergence in an era of globalization
- Emphasis on creative writing and professional scripts for feature film, television/web serial drama, variety show and new media, such as television/film content for mobile devices, video games, 3D-animation and podcasts.
- Students will benefit from a wide array of professional guidance and supervision through the Academy’s network of top veteran screenwriters, directors, television companies, production companies and studios.
- Provides students with the training and knowledge of scriptwriting formats and techniques, with a focus on the visual tools of interactive languages of new media and cinematic storytelling
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Creative Writing for Film, Television and New Media awarded by the Hong Kong Baptist University.
Graduates will be well equipped with professional scriptwriting skills and knowledge, and will be able to contribute to development in the new media (television/film for mobile devices, 3D-animation, video games, podcasts) as well as expansion in the film and TV industry of not only Hong Kong, but also the Greater China Region.
The programme is offered at the Hong Kong Baptist University’s Shek Mun (Shatin) Campus, which is located next to the Shek Mun Station of MTR Ma On Shan Line. With a gross floor area of 30,000 m2, the campus provides full university facilities including indoor swimming pool, gymnasium, auditorium, computing and multimedia laboratories, library, cafeteria and learning commons. Special learning facilities such as creative science laboratory, food and nutritional science laboratory, media communication laboratory, psychology laboratory and child assessment centre are also set up to provide students with practical experiences in their areas of study.
HK$82,500 per year. Students are required to complete 66 units in 2 years at HKD2,500 per unit (total HKD165,000).
The annual tuition fee is paid in two equal installments, normally before the commencement of the first and second semesters. For newly enrolled undergraduate students, HK$15,000 of the first installment plus some fees will have to be paid by the applicants for acceptance of their admission offers and the balance will have to be paid in early September. Students are required to pay full tuition fees per semester during the normal period of study, regardless of the number of units enrolled in the semester.
For students who are required to take make-up course(s) to fulfill the programme pre-requisite and/or General Education courses, additional tuition fee for the make-up course(s) will be charged at HK$1,500 per unit.
Full-time local students may apply for the Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP) and the Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS) administered by the Student Finance Office (SFO) of the Government of HKSAR. For more information, students should contact the SFO or visit its website at www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo.