The programme will be of interest to the following students: Bachelor’s Degree holders with some working experiences in the film/TV/media industry, or who aspire to such positions, and who see the in-depth understanding of film/TV/media industry and management as contributory to executive leadership in their career and in the society.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university or institution; AND
- Be able to communicate in English at an advanced level, possessing one or more of the following qualifications if the first degree is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English:
a. a minimum score of 79 in TOEFL; or
b. a minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS
*The test results of the above examinations are valid for two years only. If the English test result submitted does not meet the English requirements listed or is no longer valid, applicants should submit a valid test result which meets the minimum requirement as soon as possible. The application will not be processed/reviewed until all relevant documents are received.
We adopt a rolling admission policy and open a window for application from mid-November to early-June. It may be to your advantage to apply as early as possible, as the window may close earlier when all spots are filled.
The programme assessment panel will proceed with the assessment and recommendation for admission after all the following documents are submitted.
Current final year students
- Transcript for all academic qualifications entered in the application form (up to current semester)
- Certificate of studies issued by the university or institution you are studying in
- Full transcript for all academic qualifications entered in the application form
- Diplomas for all academic qualifications entered in the application form, including diploma and certificate of bachelor degree
- Personal particulars: copy of passport or identity document issued by the applicant's home country
- English proficiency test results: valid IELTS or TOFEL test result (if English is not the medium of instruction for your bachelor degree)
- References: contact information of 2 referees or 2 reference letters written by 2 referees (with referee's signature); referees must be able to speak of the applicant's ability to undertake academic work at an advanced level or professional capability
- Personal statement in English (no more than 500 words): outline of academic interest and development orientation
*The Graduate School will issue an official admission offer letter to successful applicants. Applicants will be required to settle an instalment of about half of the total tuition fee to confirm acceptance of the offer within 2-3 weeks. If the payment is not settled within the given period of time, the offer will become invalid and the quota will be given to another applicant.
HK$155,000 (per year for one-year full-time study)
Merit-based scholarships will be awarded to students with outstanding academic performance
Approved Programme under UGC’s Targeted Taught Postgraduate Programmes Fellowships Scheme (For Local Students Only)
The programme has been selected for sponsorship under the Targeted Taught Postgraduate Programmes Fellowships Scheme. This Scheme, offered by the University Grants Committee (UGC), provides fellowships for local students pursuing designated taught postgraduate programmes. The main objective of the scheme is to attract more meritorious local students to pursue further studies in priority areas conducive to the development of Hong Kong.
Selected Fellowship recipients are required to pay a minimum tuition fee of HK$42,100. The outstanding balance of the tuition fee will be subsidised by the Fellowship, subject to a cap of HK$120,000.
Applications are open to local students only;
The award of the fellowships will be based on merits taking into account the students' academic achievements, professional qualifications, relevant working experience and achievements in other areas as well as the personal statement/proposal submitted by the students; and
To avoid double subsidy, applications from students who are receiving other forms of government scholarship (except student financial assistance) for pursuing the same programme will not be considered.
For details, please refer to the UGC's website.
Application Enquiry and Visa Application Enquiry for Non-local Students
Room 904, 9/F, Academic and Administration Building,
Baptist University Road Campus, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3411 5127
(852) 3411 5133
(852) 3411 8002